The USS Montana Committee
Who We Are
The USS Montana Committee is a group of volunteer Montanans from across our state who support the future commissioning of the USS Montana (SSN 794), a new Virginia Class nuclear fast attack submarine, and all those who sail aboard her in defense of our nation.
We are a diverse group, sharing a love of our nation, our state, and our military. We are veterans and non-veterans. Our Committee is non-partisan and non-political. We invite anyone to join us. No membership dues or fees are required to be listed as a member of the USS Montana Committee, although we gratefully accept voluntary financial contributions to support our work.
We have a set of common goals. They are to:
- Inform the people of Montana about the USS Montana and its role in protecting our nation;
- Support the commissioning of the USS Montana as a key component of the U.S. Navy fleet;
- Provide appropriate financial support for educational, ceremonial, operational and other needs of the USS Montana not provided by the U.S. Navy because of budget or other constraints;
- Promote and facilitate lasting relationships between the people of Montana and all those who serve aboard her namesake ship.
Our formal organization is The USS Montana Committee, Inc., a Montana nonprofit corporation with federal IRC 501(c)(3) tax exempt status.*
The Committee is governed by a Board of Directors elected by our Committee’s founding/voting members who make up our Steering Group.
Committee members and officers receive no compensation for their work.
The USS Montana Committee appreciates being able to work closely with the U.S. Navy League Hampton Roads (Virginia) Council, its partner on the events and logistics related to the expected 2020 commissioning of the USS Montana at Newport News Naval Station, Virginia.
* The Committee’s EIN is 82-0988055. Its tax-exempt certification letter may be found here.